Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 April 2019

Colour Challenge

A first for me is a colour challenge, with my favourite colours, how could I resist. 
The challenge is from ‘AUSSIES WHO LOVE STAMPIN’ UP’ so all the cardstock & supplies today are from Stampin’ Up.
I have layered Bermuda Bay cardstock onto a Coastal Cabana card base.
The next layer is Highland Heather cardstock and using the Botanical Bliss stamps, I have used the embossed resist technique. Stamping all Over with Versimark ink, before using heat embossing with clear embossing powder. 


I have added Pacific Point ink to the centre of each large flower, before 
blended the Gorgeous Grape over the entire image.  Once completely inked, I have gently rubbed a dry tissue over the cardstock layer, to reveal some of the Highland Heather colour where the clear embossing is.

Wanting a little more Highland Heather, I used a technique I CASED from GAIL ELLIS, Blue Rose Paper Treasures, where the top colour is lifted by Aqua Painter. Using aqua painter brush, which is damp, paint over the area you wish to expose, blot with dry tissue, repeat until you have desired colour effect.


Giving a two toned effect with the showing through, the card is completed in coordinating cardstock & Highland Heather ribbon.








No comments:

Post a Comment