Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 October 2019

Mixed Media Come Sail Away Card

I have wanted to use the Stampin’ Up! laser cut card as a stencil for ages. The ‘Sail Away Memories & More’ collection have a brilliant waves lazer cut card in this set and when I saw this challenge from TGIF, I decided today was the day!

The background is a mixed media style. I have coloured my textile paste with some coordinating dark blue ink and using a palette knife spread thinly over my Stampin’ Up! Smoky Slate base Cardstock. (Hint, do not leave the lazer cut card in place for too long, as pieces of it may stick to your design. If some pieces do stick, it is easier to remove them once the piece is completely dry. Speaking from experience, I will have to cover some places where I tried to remove the bits whilst still wet. As long as we don’t tell anybody then folk are non the wiser!) 

The piece of Sail Away lazer cut card kept in place with washi tape
A sprinkle of Brusho to the still damp texture paste

Deciding it needed just a little more detail, I have lightly sprinkled some Cobalt Blue Brusho colour onto the textile paste, whilst it was still damp. I didn’t want the Brusho to spread too much, just to moisten the dots, so I sprayed the water into the air and passed the Cardstock through the water vapour and repeated until I had the effect I liked.

The multi media Smoky Slate card, once dry, I then cut to even the edges and I  mounted it onto Stampin’ Up! Night of Navy Cardstock and a C6 white cardbase.
I have finished the card front off with the Stampin’ Up! Sailing Home stamps, & matching Smooth Sailing dies. I have Stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy, from Thoughtful Banners and added the die cut sentiment from well written dies.

Thank you for checking out my blog today! 



#TGIF233 Sketch Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment