Search This Blog

Thursday 16 April 2020

30 Day Challenge - Day Nineteen. Waterfront Watercolour Card


‘Seek Adventure’ is the card subject for this latest challenge, new experiences, travel,  adventure and the great outdoors! 
https://martinsmayhem.co.uk/2020/03/30-day-card-making-challenge.html




Well to be honest in this current pandemic, when I was to be away on a months cruise, I am looking forward to the time I can complete my next overseas trip. So with this in mind I have chosen to do a landscape.
I have sprayed a piece of watercolour Card, using Balmy Blue diluted ink for the sky and diluted Coastal Cabana, with a dash of Pear Pizzaz for the sea, I have used an Aqua Painter to spread the ink, as illustrated. Allow to dry.




Using the mountain stamp from ‘Waterfront’ set I have inked up with the Pear Pizzaz ink. Then using an ink dauber I have added Garden Green ink to shade and reapplied a little Pear Pizzaz with a dauber where I think it was needed. Mist spray the stamp from the distance of about one foot away to moisten and give a watercolour effect, I stamped onto the horizon between the sky and sea. Using the damp Aqua Painter I have gone over the mountain to blend, (see completed card.) Allow to dry.




I have stamped a Mango Melody sun and then with watered down ink used the Aqua Painter for the sand. Allow to dry. Using the same colours and a dryer brush, I have gone over the sand & sea in short strokes to add contrast. 
The pebble effects, palm trunks and balloons are stamped with Crumb Cake ink and the palms themselves are stamped with a Granny Apple Green. The balloons are coloured in a deeper ink with just a dampened Aqua Painter that has no water in the reservoir.
The watercolour has been die cut at the best place for effect. Layered onto Garden Green Cardstock and using the ‘Subtle’ embossing folder with Mango Melody Card onto a white card base. 
The card has been completed with a sentiment from the ‘Above the Clouds’ stamp set, stamped in Garden Green.



#30DayCardMakingChallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment